Monday, April 9, 2007

13

"I think I would have found a "kindred" spirit,'"
I thought you were so beautiful-I longed for weeks after to find
out who you were.


This page is key to the whole dream sequence...I notice I haven't accented it much with the words. (frown!) The fair maid comes upon her literal dream man, under the mushroom house, and of course as is typical with dreams, she had no idea who he was. But she seemed to know right away he was a "kindred spirit." This terminology was taken from Anne of Green Gables. I had 3 volumes that were old and shabby kicking around the studio while I was working on various pages and they are now cut up and shred, but always beloved...and now, they lend meanings to my own work. When I was a young girl, I had read the book and was quite taken with the descriptions of scenery and some of the ideas. One of those ideas was the kindred spirit....I have found many of these in my life. And here, the fair maid thinks she found one in her dreams.

I thought about this later, and resented that I deeply felt as tho a man of my dreams was the objective in life! But as I assess my life I notice that I really do live this way, thinking a man is what makes me complete. Perhaps it is somehow...but I resent it anyways.

1 comment:

Hélène Deroubaix said...

beautiful so beautiful
the sun enters the darkest room here right now...

synchronicity...
I love Anne, I have never finished the book because the so called kindred who offered did not believe in friendship for ever, people write words they can't be faithful to, too many hollow promises...

I thought about this later, and resented that I deeply felt as tho a man of my dreams was the objective in life! But as I assess my life I notice that I really do live this way, thinking a man is what makes me complete. Perhaps it is somehow...but I resent it anyways."

used to feel that way, believing Love of the couple would make me complete, what an illusion
completeness is your own fire,your own Passion, what you're standing for,what will never betray you,disapoint you because it's part of you,it can t be stolen, it s real it s you and more, pieces of divine I guess,seraphins chants inside our minds...

I think I don't believe in Man, I think they're all boys, but maybe it's only because I am angry right now.

smiles